Hi I’m Sevin. I’m a Berlin based artist, born in Geneva, Switzerland, in 1984.
Drawing has always been a part of my life, art was always my refuge. As a kid, I read all the comic books I could put my hands on and copied all the characters that I loved a million times. Life brought me to do things I didn’t really expect to do professionally and I kept my creativity only for me, as something to enjoy in my free time. But the corporate world as I experienced it was not my jam. I learned a lot, I tried different things and earned more skills, but I wasn’t focusing on what I really dreamed of: make art everyday. After launching the art-focused NGO «Pass the Crayon» in 2015, and leading hundreds of creative workshops for kids, I finally decided to focus on my own art, my own creation. And here I am today, putting my work out there to reach more and more people!
My goal was always to inspire others, to open new doors, to allow someone like me – a fat queer migrant woman – to dare to dream and reach their goals.
- « OUSA Collective » – Workshop facilitator & Illustrator, Berlin, 2022-2023
- « Pass the Crayon » – Founder, Workshop facilitator & Designer, Berlin, 2015-2022
- « Adobe » – Customer Support Representative, Berlin, 2017-2019
- Different jobs in Berlin startups such as: Translator, Content Manager, Customer Support Agent
- « Boiling Roots », Galerie Zeitzone, Berlin 2022
- « MOSAIC » by aequa & OUSA Collective, aequa, Berlin, 2021
- « Un-Working the Icon: Kurdish “Warrior-Divas” », Gallery Mario Kreuzberg, Berlin, 2017